My 1St Bm Ever N Lovin It!

Sparxxx

Hello to all,

My name is Steve, I'm a 43 year old self employed electrician. I live in Wigan with my mrs and 2 sons.

Car history goes like this - mini for 16th birthday, mg maestro, volvo 480es, peugot 406 mi16, honda civic, mitsubishi evo 6, merc ml 320, mg ztt v6.

After weeks of deciding on a new motor, then yet more weeks trying to find one! I finally got myself a 2004 330d M Sport Touring. Sapphire Black, re-mapped, new auto box, with a decent service history.

I absolutely love the thing! Silky smooth with tonnes of go, can't ask for much more really.

Don't get me wrong, it has/had a few niggles.

Road Rash, leaking headlight washer, rear wiper not working, etc. But, it's been ages since I last tinkered with cars, so I'm really enjoying getting my hands oily again!

Already got myself a ChipEx kit to sort out the front end paint.

Also ordered a new sat nav to replace the dreadful stock 'business cd', it's due to be delivered tomorrow. Ordered a K&N filter and 8L of Castrol Edge n filter.

The black leather is in really good condition, only the smallest signs of wear. Soon brought them back to perfect condition with a tub of dye off eBay.

Being a bit of a geek, I have a obd2 cable and also a bluetooth plug-in (with Torque Pro). Not had chance to play with that yet though.

I will be looking into replacing the interior lighting with leds soon, just to bring it up to date.

The handling isn't fantastic, not scary, but I will defo be investigating soon.

I am new to the forum community and enjoying the helpful advice offered by members.

No doubt I will be utilising the technical knowledge of the community regularly in the coming months.

As you can probably see, I can go on a bit. Sorry if this is not good etiquette!

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with anyone who is interested.

Any advice offered with the issues mentioned would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I will be taking a few snaps of my bavarian beast this weekend, within minutes of her getting in the shower! :P

Oh, shoot! Sorry, wrong forum!!! :ph34r:

Errrmmm... I intend to wash the car this weekend, I'll take a couple of pics. :wub:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links