Diesel Power!

will16valver

So, This is my 1st ever diesel and tbh, i know nothing bout them.

i have some parts that i have to send back to a parts place for a credit note (id just bought some bits for my old car before it sold).

So i have about £100 of credit that i need to spend, what would you guys reccomend putting the cash towards?

How do diesels sound with an exhaust?

This is a daily driver with high ish miles and is pretty much just a work horse.

But it does have the M tech pack so a few subtle upgrades wouldnt look out of place.

Ive just thought, the place does re-maps so maybe thats where the cash should go, obviously id be expecting to put more to it for a map ;)

Whats your opinions?

Fuel filter is ALWAYS on the top of my to-do-list on a new diesel.

Honestly, diesel's sound don't change much when you introduce a nice exhaust. I yanked off the exhaust manifold from one of my diesel BMWs and thought... "Yeah... turn the engine over and wake the neighbours! woohoooo!!".... Nope. Just sounded the bloody same! hahahaha but performance will increase with a nice exhaust :)

Hope this helps

Daz

I'm arranging a services that should be the fuel filter sorted.

Bushes may not be a bad idea.

Now I've had the car and racked up 150 mile or so I've noticed a couple things. I think the wheels may be out of balance once I get to 60 I can feel vibrations through the steering wheel... At least I'm hoping it's only wheel balance.

And it may be just because it's been o er 5 years since I've drove a bimmer but the back end pops out very easy when wet. Loads of tread on the tyres and rotation is the correct way, anything else that could cause this or am I just to used to fwd? I wasn't going overly fast into the roundabouts or planting my foot half way round either ;)

Ask the garage to change the Fuel Filter, many leave it out of a service.

Does it go way after you accelerate away from 60mph? it might be the vibrations from the engine matching the frequency of the chassis causing dodgy resonance. My 5 series ('87) starts vibrating the heck out of your arms when you idle between 55 and 58. During the service, ask for your bushes to be checked. If they are fine/firm, leave them be as they are fine.

Hi William Daz is right a fuel filter is part of an inspection 2 service so you will have to say you want it doing, sounds like wheel balance between 55-60mph and is easily checked, If the DSC light is flashing when it steps out then it sounds like a heavy right foot but its a good system in an E46 and should square up with little drama and am still going to say bushes with your credit note, at MOT time when owners get told there car has a worn bush or split drop link they only sort the offending item so over the years all the bushes etc are at different levels of wear, softness etc and I have never seen an E46 yet that didn't feel and drive like a dream after a front end bush overhaul, but whatever you decide hope your enjoying the car!

Stephen

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links