Another New Boy

Lurcher

Hello there! I'm not yet a BMW owner but the car is being prepared and I've paid £500 so that must get me a door or something!

Have had a variety of cars over my 36 years behind the wheel - mostly VWs of which I was very impressed. Decided to go for an Audi A3 two years back and whilst the car I could not fault, it was a bit on the cramped side. I was always catching my head on the top of the door frame. Managed to sell it (after a struggle) last month and have been waiting for the right 320d to come up. All the Exeter dealership could find was either auto &/or black - both no-nos for me.

They have finally traced a 58 plate 320d (177) with leather, pro media pack, heated seats, etc in Le Mans blue. Fantastic! What is more it only has 27000 on the clock. Looking forward to taking delivery at month-end. Will be interested to see how it compares to the Audi...

Guest jeffthro

Hello David, and welcome to the Club. I wondered why you live in Dorset and are dealing with the Exeter BMW agent, Westerly Dorchester or Ridgeway Poole not closer? Btw, have a look at Local Meets - South West - Dorset and see if we can put you down for the meet near Cranborne in April.

Hello Jeff - We did travel over to Yeovil and to be honest the staff at Westerly didn't seem that interested in selling any cars. I picked up on Exeter via their web link and Mark there has been excellent. It's only 40 miles from us and I don't mind giving them my custom when they make the effort.

• 4 weeks later...

It has arrived! Very impressed - didn't know full spec when I agreed to buy! It has the iDrive which I took to in about 5 minutes. Only gripe (and I knew this) was the quality of the stereo - it's the basic one with just one speaker per door. Would like to upgrade but unsure what options are. Don't want to spend the earth as I may get a newer car in 2-3 years.

Thanks for advice. After some searching I found a rather nicely engineered metal ring that allows 10cm speakers (with 4 mounting holes) to be fitted in the driver's door. Also, there are conversion plates that let you put 13cm speakers on the back shelf - these are on order. All I need now is a decent amp that will fit behind the head unit.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links