New X5 On Order

Jenny P

Hi all,

I've joined this forum this week as I've placed an order for a new X5. I've been told to expect a 14-16 week wait. Is this the norm? Not a lot I can do, but wondering (hoping) BMW under promise and over deliver on time scales...

Wow you very much are excited aren't you?! ^_^

I'm not to sure but, I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you a good answer. I favor older cars (Not even a wiggle down there for 90's+ cars) so, I don't think I'll ever have the experience you're having :P

Keep us posted on the status

Daz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jenny,

Another newbie here - having placed an order for an X5 30d M Sport in the middle of January. At the time of order we were talking about March/April delivery - but I have since been informed that is more likely to be May - so that is approx. 16 weeks.

Disappointing but bearing in mind it is a new model and being built in USA - I guess it takes a while to build up the UK dealer inventory.

Can't wait to get my hands on it - I'll just have to learn to be patient - not one of my strong points tbh :-)

• 2 months later...

Hi there. Another newbie. I have a new X5 40d on order since March and have been told yesterday to expect mid July delivery. It might have something to do with an unusual engine however...............

Hi - sorry for the delay... My BMW dealer informed me that my delivery date has slipped from May 26th to June 16th now. No explanation other than 'production delay' :angry: .

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I suspect that a righthand drive market could be in some difficulties as far as a delivery game is concered.........I´m currently evaluating a head-up display option.......anyone with experience?

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links