Broad Oak Dealership Deception – Buyers Beware!

Having recently experienced significant deception during the purchase of my new car, I wanted to highlight the details in an attempt to help others avoid this happening to them. Here’s the story….

I received a phone call from the sales rep at Broad Oak Canterbury in August last year, from whom I had purchased my previous 5 series, informing of a current deal on the new 5 series and that he could put me in a new car with exactly the same spec as before along with some extras, all for the same monthly cost!

So, after much discussion and review of specification documents and double checking any missing items/potential differences, I received confirmation that ‘everything was now included and anything missing is now standard’! I had specifically requested M Sport suspension deletion, addition of lumbar support option and checked to ensure I still had voice
control, connected drive, BMW assist.

I agreed to pay for the lumbar support up front in order to bring my monthly payments down. However, when collecting the new car, the sales rep advised they had missed changing the detail on the paperwork so he advised he would get that amended. I later received a cheque returning my deposit minus the cost of the lumbar support but I am still paying the original monthly sum which includes the lumbar support…ISSUE 1.

After collecting and driving the new car, I noticed the suspension still felt very firm. I queried whether the M Sport suspension was actually deleted a couple of times and was advised that it was…ISSUE 2.

I also noticed that the functionality mentioned above was not working in the new car…ISSUE 3.

I had also paid for MetalMate treatment, which made no difference, and had agreed some other small items as part of the deal (golf umbrella, refund of tyre insurance)…ISSUE 4.

So, after many phones calls and emails with the dealership, I finally secured a meeting with the sales manager and branch manager. I was honestly hoping that I hadn’t actually been deceived to such an extent and that most of the issues were easily resolvable! Well, you can imagine my shock when it was confirmed that the deceit was real and that there was nothing the
dealership could (or was willing) to do about it!!!

The branch manager advised they wanted to offer a compensation payment and asked what I thought was suitable. I advised that I had not thought about this so would have to go away and give any offer they made careful consideration.

They then went on to offer £1000, which included the cost of the lumbar support which I was owed anyway plus a full valet, reapplication of seal and protect and MetalMate, and would provide me with a the golf umbrella which I was owed and a new tyre insurance policy.

After returning home, I gave the offer consideration and decided that it was not sufficient and I was particularly concerned about the suspension issue. So, I wrote to the managers advising them of my decision with the reasons. I asked if there was any way of resolving the issues and, if not, I would like to exercise my statutory rights and return the car.

I have now received a response advising that they have taken legal advice and have been advised that the meeting was legally binding, and therefore the matter is closed and they will not respond further.

THANK YOU BMW BROAD OAK. FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE!

BUYERS MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EVERY MINUTE DETAIL AND GET EVERYTHING DISCUSSED CONFIRMED IN WRITING!!

I used to consider myself a BMW customer for life....NOT anymore!

Sorry to hear of your troubles but please consider this, it's not the cars fault but the stealer. Don't give up on BMW because of a poor dealer find a decent one elsewhere.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links