Punished For My Sins

matlip

Hi All,

New to this site. My name is Matthew and i live in Wimbledon, London. I year ago i purchased a year 2000 530d and now i am starting to have a few problems. Could some of you please advise me on the following issues before i take it in to my local garage and have my bank account emptied!!

1. Whilst driving down the motorway and want to over take, i accelerate, not too hard. I loose power and a yellow warning sign comes up on the dash. This is a broken circle with arrows and an exclamation mark in the middle flashes very quickly on and off. (Via telephone, the garage thinks it's corroded ABS rings on the back wheels)

2. The battery drains within 7 days. This is a new battery by the way. There is a very small light which stays on after i switch of the ignition, which is next to the auto shift lever. (Via telephone, the garage thinks that the computer is not shutting down)

I know this would be the best place to get advice, so fingers crossed for some answers, please.

Thanks in advance, Matthew.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hi Matthew, welcome aboard...

1. Garage maybe right but an easy fix... Get a wire brush and scrub off the offending rust n mud from behind the rotors.

2. Can you hear a very slight "hum" from the centre console ??? If you can then you may have to replace the final-stage heater resistor (Hedgehog) or the heater control unit !

HTH but hard to say for deffo without being there ;)

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for the very quick response. My car has a flat battery at the moment therefore i cannot hear if there is a hum at the centre console. Just one other thing that springs to mind, "swirl flaps" and the horror story attached to them. Would my car have them installed?

Regards, Matthew.

Guest Mister Dabsy

2004 is an update query year so best advice is to ask if you take her into Stealers OR gimme your VIN and I'll check !

Maybe midweek before I use "Main" pc again though (for access to BMW) ;)

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response.... Some terminology i don't understand underline, please advise for the "not with it" person such as I!

2004 is an update query year so best advice is to ask if you take her into Stealers OR gimme your VIN and I'll check !
Maybe midweek before I use "Main" pc though ;)

Guest Mister Dabsy

Sorry, by "Stealers" I meant local BMW Dealer :lol:

"VIN" is the Vehicle Identification Number on your Log-Book/Registration Document... And I would probably only need the last seven digits ;)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links