Bm Virgin

sjar76

Hi all. After modified Impreza and earlier Biturbo S4 I've finally scratched that RWD itch and on Thursday I pick up a mint 07 plate E92 335i. It's pretty low on options but IS a manual and having driven both manual and auto it's a stick for me all the way - and I'm happy to forego a few toys.

So - it's classic old man spec, with few tech gizmos, sciatica-soothing seats and burr walnut everywhere you look. The plan, once I'm used to the car and can assess what I perceive its shortcomings to be, is to create a really focused driver's machine without unnecessary stuff all over it, and the long list, in order of priority, currently reads as follows - I welcome advice on any or all items but sure I can also find old posts on them all:

1) BMW child seat for 2.5 year old

2) replace/wrap/paint interior trim (I believe OE piano black is cheap but prone to scratching?)

3) ipod adaptor in g'box (will use 3.5 AUX in til then I guess)

4) DMS remap:

I know this one's a topic in itself. I'm not a traffic light racer and I would be using the power for in-gear acceleration, but I accept a Quaife LSD might also be a good idea!

5) change to 18" non runflat tyres when current Bridgestones give up the ghost

I love the car. I tested a few and there are some really tired ones out there. The bolsters seem quite prone to wear. Some looked worse than my Impreza which had 114k on it!

Tried a FULLY loaded car but auto wasn't for me, despite its obvious quality and technical competence. it just flows. It's very different to the Impreza, which I still love but sometimes feel is taking ME for a ride. The BM is just planted and swift without too much drama. Love the engine note too.

I've hankered after a coupe for years, and only now can I afford a good one. For me, the shape is to die for, and harks back to the E9 and E24 - continuing that BMW DNA without too much of the current slashed/angled and highly detailed 'design language'. I think it's one of those shapes that people will still be admiring in another 15 years' time.

So - here's to a fantastic few years, some DIY projects and subtle mods to make this a tasteful stealth fighter..

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links