Bmw E46 330 Ci Vacuum Leak / Exhaust Valve

cardosi

hey there am needing some help with a problem thats starting to do my head in hoping some one can point out where am going wrong.

i just bought a bmw e46 330ci been fixing it up then i took the exhaust valve off sins it was stuck solid but when i pluged it back on to see i to if it would close when i started the car no such luck then i started to see if there was any suction there was just a wee bit so i started to trace it back but 1s it got under the glove box i lost where it gose from there need some help/pics so i have a cluse what pipes i need to replace or parts.

cheers hope some1 can help

post-7272-0-34714200-1377878180_thumb.jp

post-7272-0-96542900-1377878183_thumb.jp

post-7272-0-02715400-1377878191_thumb.jp

post-7272-0-25273100-1377878207_thumb.jp

post-7272-0-05312100-1377878211_thumb.jp

Guest Mister Dabsy

Based on your VIN (JU75612) its the ever popular inline-six M54 engine with auto-box...

I can't find a reason for the Vac-pipe to go that far into the cab, pipework from an EGR should terminate at the source of vacuum i.e. the intake! Maybe an in-line solenoid too...

The pipe inside the cab looks as-new so work forward back into the engine bay and identify similar pipes from the opposite side of the engine that seem to head towards EGR...

Guest Mister Dabsy

The actual EGR will be bolted to the exhaust and the vac-pipes run (from the actuator that opens it) over to the intake, whether connected to the manifold or other intake hoses.

Yes, just track the pipes and check for clean connections, cracking, rubbing against other items and splits... Change any which you think are shitty ;)

The EGR will operate at certain revs so be aware that the pipes may deviate to a sensor or solenoid block.

cheers for the help so far. as far as i can see the egr valve should be on this 1st pic av added. also i blew air in to the pipe to see if i could hear anything from the engine and i heard it coming from in where i marked on the 2nd pic. i think it may be easyer if i can just run a hole new pipe do you no exactly where it starts at the engine?

post-7272-0-58303800-1377978361_thumb.jp

post-7272-0-09593100-1377978372_thumb.jp

Guest Mister Dabsy

TBH Ryan I would cut the vac-pipe about 3" from the EGR and blank the two ends, this disables the EGR and you should notice a big improvement !! ;)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links