Parts

acrybb

I'll need to research.

Just done a bit of research and suppliers such as Textar, Jurid, & Pagid supply BMW with their discs/pads and they are re-branded as BMW.

So BMW saying they are Genuine BMW parts is a load of rubbish as they are supplied by the above companies.

They rarely are. I used to work for Albion automotive. The make parts for daf, french poo. The made brake drums. Some went to daf and were put in daf boxes and some went to part co and put in their boxes. Did at the same time on the same machine by the same guy on the same shift.

They rarely are. I used to work for Albion automotive. The make parts for daf, french poo. The made brake drums. Some went to daf and were put in daf boxes and some went to part co and put in their boxes. Did at the same time on the same machine by the same guy on the same shift.

The biggest scam the Stealers pull is not letting you supply your own parts for fitting because they are not BMW approved even though they supply the same parts that are rebranded.

It's a scam in a way but they cannot guarantee that the parts you give them are genuine parts which ever brand they are even if they are bmw. They don't know they are not Chinese copies.

It's a scam in a way but they cannot guarantee that the parts you give them are genuine parts which ever brand they are even if they are bmw. They don't know they are not Chinese copies.

I know they guarantee their parts but its no excuse for them to charge for example 120 for front discs that cost 60 pounds.

Just changedy pollen filter. I took the cover off the engine then removed the aid intake neck and I could only see 2 of the bolts to remove the air filter housing. The book say remove the acoustic housing. But it looks like the pollen filter and the cover underneath that need to come out?

Right a quick update.

I have still been searching for parts. Now that i know who makes the filters for my car (mann) i can properly search. just a reminder here are the dealer prices:

Air - £25.44
Oil - £19.46
Pollen- £42.28
Fuel - £44.51

Now here are the Mann Filter prices non BMW marked:

Air Filter £9.59

Oil £6.13 (Part number matches BMW one)

Pollen £9.59 (Active Carbon one)

Fuel £17.81 (the BMW one has MANN in big letters on it)

Total Price for the aftermarket actual BMW filter set: £43.12 VS a total BMW price of: £131.69.

I didnt have a problem going aftermarket but i didnt know who made the filters on my car had i known this i would have saved myself £60 (i didnt get the BMW Pollen filter).

Check the brakes now.

Had a look i am unsure of the diameter of the discs. Im guessing it will be the 300mm and 330 for the M sport ones?

Andy

Hmm Seems that MrAuto are not very well thought of. Happy customers seem to be the minority. Although maybe its a case of a good service you tell a pal bad service you tell everybody?

Andy

Not sure of the disc sizes on the 320d, take a look at Eurocarparts and type your reg in and it will tell you whats available for your car.

The M sport 320d just has different front/rear bumpers, wheels and suspension, the brakes should be the same size.

Not heard of MrAuto because I always use Automek in Eastkilbride, excellent workmanship and decent prices.

I took the front discs and pads I bought for fitting yesterday, the fitting of the discs, pads, wear sensors and an MOT came to just 108.00.

If you check the part details it says the 330mm fronts discs are for ''Special usage for government vehicles''.

If your unsure I would call BMW with your reg and ask what part number you need, Im guessing they will give you the part No. for the 300mm discs.

With regards to fitting I wouldn't go anywhere but Automek, if you type into google Andrew Baird Automek he come's highly recommended.

Guest Mister Dabsy

I've said this before... All manufacturers are "in each others back-pack" they copy, reproduce and rebrand the packaging ! Moral of story is don't feel a touch guilty buying pattern parts ;)

Air filter changed. That is a little more complicated than it really has to be.

The lower pollen filter where the cable tidy clips onto has to come off

The full engine cover middle part and rear part has to come off

The drivers side tension arm needs to come off.

then you can take the air filter housing out.

Looking at the haynes manual its a little confusing. It shows you taking off the engine cover then the filter housing with the lower pollen filter housing and tension arm already removed but entitles the list of instructions as per a 6 cylinder engine.

I would rather the BMW technical instructions but i dont have them so the crappy haynes will have to do. Every car i have ever owned the air filter is simply pop off a cover change the filters and pop the cover back on.

I didnt get involved in the Fuel filter change.

Andy

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links