E39 5 Series, Now Replaced With Jaguar

Superman001

Just fitted new cabin and air filters this afternoon, cabin filters were filthy but the air filter looked quite clean, as they are so cheap I put a new one in anyway.

Oil and filter change booked in for tomorrow afternoon :-)

Getting there but I think its going to be slow progress, next month im going to sort the front suspension with whatever parts it needs then tackle the front discs/pads and maybe get some Goodridge braided lines.

After that lot is sorted its time to sort the body work and get all the little bits of rust sanded and repainted.

The car has been getting its oil and filter changed this afternoon and I wanted look for the source of the front suspension noise (only occurs when going over steep speed bump).

As soon as the car was on the ramp I could see the front passenger side spring was snapped, this was at 5pm so I was worried about sourcing the part for tomorrow. Luckily the autofactors in the unit opposite my mechanics had KYB M Sport spring that I could have.

The part is being fitted in the morning so all being well I should be able to pick the car up tomorrow lunchtime :)

Guest DazH

Just done my first big journey in comfort, 502 miles on 1 tank of petrol with an indicated 87 miles left, so about 36mpg.

Top stuff mate. Not to shabby B)

Next week im going to order the parts to sort my front brake judder out.

Off the top of my head im going to order OEM Jurid front discs and pads, brake wear sensors and some DOT 4 Super Blue fluid.

Is anything else needed and does anyone know how much brake fluid is needed?

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to report, just had the new discs and pads fitted and had the car MOT done.

The annoying juddering under braking is 80% gone, can still feel a slight pulsating through the pedal due to the rears needing changing soon but the feedback through the steering wheel is gone :)

Another top class job by Automek.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I gave them a week to settle, only done 70 miles but now ive had the geometry all sorted on Monday so now the toe and castor are all within BMW original settings, shame that the front camber is not easily adjustable but the car feels a lot better to drive now.

• 5 months later...

Can't think of a better car to replace the 5 series. I'm a Jaguar fan at heart having owned a few in the past including the X350. My garage currently includes a '92 XJS 4ltr. Hope you enjoy it :-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links