Picking Up My E91 On Saturday..... Excitement Overload!

KobeoneHD

So put a deposit down on my 320d E91 today ready to pick on Saturday. Can't wait as this is my first bmw! All it will need is a good clean (I'm a member of detailingworld.com so not an issue) and some new brakes.... But the fun will begin in the driving.

So my questions begin.....

Are there any known issues with the E91 - engine or anything else?

I want to add power folding mirrors, how simple is this?

Want to change the alloys to MV2's - again how easy is this?

I'm thinking of upgrading the brakes to Brembo?

Hope you guys can help, forums have been a great help to me in the past

Thanks

Rich

post-6778-0-14361500-1370454562_thumb.jp

Guest Mister Dabsy

Issues - Nothing unusual

Power mirrors - If the loom is not present in the doors then it'll be expensive !

MV2's - Go for it !
Brembo - They are larger, just make sure the kit is spot-on for your car... By this I mean the Caliper mounts.

Are there any known issues with the E91 - engine or anything else? N47- Timing chain issues apparently (take no notice)
I want to add power folding mirrors, how simple is this? Need Modules too, need to hard wire in
Want to change the alloys to MV2's - again how easy is this? MV2 easy...but something more E91 era will look better
I'm thinking of upgrading the brakes to Brembo? IMO no point, the 320d has very good breaks as standard, unless your going for look

Hope this helps mate

• Like 1

Hi Rich, been running an 05 320d for a cpl of months, only issues I've experienced to date are poor MPG which improved after replacing both egr and main thermostats (engine was not getting to correct running temp) and a small diesel leak after filling up (which I believe is due to a damaged breather pipe, caused by rubbing in the weel arch), both common problems. You may also want to read up on swirl flaps as these were known to fail on earlier E46 diesels but have apparently been sorted out on the newer model.

Thanks for the help gents, certainly food for thought! Brembos may be a no go at the moment as nearly £400 for the lot.... The power folds are nt that important so can be researched for a later date.

When you say E91 era, do you have pics of what I'm looking for?

Deposit paid today, and will picking it up on Tuesday now. As soon as I have it in my hands, it will get a deep clean in and out, washed polished and waxed. Of course, pics will follow. I'm looking forward to the keyless start, the nice motorway miles and the head turning looks.

Then the fun will begin....

Guest DazH

Deposit paid today, and will picking it up on Tuesday now. As soon as I have it in my hands, it will get a deep clean in and out, washed polished and waxed. Of course, pics will follow. I'm looking forward to the keyless start, the nice motorway miles and the head turning looks.

Then the fun will begin....

Ha! Exciting stuff matey :) Get some pics up as soon as B)

Daz

• 3 weeks later...

So put a deposit down on my 320d E91 today ready to pick on Saturday. Can't wait as this is my first bmw! All it will need is a good clean (I'm a member of detailingworld.com so not an issue) and some new brakes.... But the fun will begin in the driving.

So my questions begin.....

Are there any known issues with the E91 - engine or anything else?

I want to add power folding mirrors, how simple is this?

Want to change the alloys to MV2's - again how easy is this?

I'm thinking of upgrading the brakes to Brembo?

Hope you guys can help, forums have been a great help to me in the past

Thanks

Rich

Detailing world, I take it you know John down at Zaino then? Looks like your local to me, I'm in Basingstoke.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Just to add... The WCM/Comfort relay is power-fold enabled, if the wiring socket is in the door then its "Plug 'n Play" (Usually are) !!

Does the security system have "Full-Closure" ?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links