Induction Kits Z3

Any K&N/Pipercross system you buy from Ebay should allow the engine to breath a little better.

The 2.8 Z3 will have the M52 engine in it, like my 7 series has. From images I can get of the engine, it uses a "Panel Filter" so again, like my 7 series you can just pop an upgraded panel filter in. I have a PiperCross one and you FEEL the difference. Takes a while for the engine to take to the new filter (about a week in my case) but after the ECU learns the new set up, the noise is quite nice :rolleyes:

This is similar, if not the same as the one I have. It says it fits your motor. I bought mine off a member on here (Jack Dabsy) at a discounted price, barely used :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIPERCROSS-PP1221-BMW-E46-E39-E36-Z3-Z4-M3-/111049318403?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19db0e2003

Daz

Guest Mister Dabsy

Go for the panel filter like Daz says ;)

Forced induction systems are great, but you should have a re-map at the same time to unleash its benefits !!

Guest Mister Dabsy

Remap Options...

1 - Power: If you want to open up her glory AND you don't mind filling-up every week!

2 - Torque: Pretty much as above with a slightly retardation of the ignition timing.

3 - Economy: Better than stock, and popular when combined with Opt. 1...

I still suggest the Panel-filter upgrade as it will give you an idea of how the car adapts to such simple modifications ;)

Any clue what the max bhp out of the 1900 remap for power economy dose not matter as the boss swaps between her BMW and mx5

She says the mx is faster than the BMW mind you she is the one that told me when I had a 325i it did what it says on the box. Also just bought her a new soft top is the wiring present in the loom for the electric roof just to save me wiring it in

I use the K&N 57i kit on my 1.9 Z3 with good effect. I have also in the past used the BMC carbon dynamic airbox. Out of the two, if your budget will allow the BMC is a quality bit of equipment, but unfortunately on the 1.9 its too big to fit in the gap i have without moving things around under the bonnet. This may be different on the 2.8 though

Regards,

Rhys

• 8 months later...

I ordered K&N 57i kit will arrive on monday, I am planning to do it on my own but my knowledge with cars is not as expert with my MTB's and Gaming PC's :rolleyes: ...any videos, instructions on how to install K&N kit to Z3?

Rhys (above has installed the same kit). May I suggest asking him directly.

They will fit differently for different engines installed in the Z3. If you have purchased the kit specifically for the 1.9 straight 4 engine, it should be a direct replacement for the airbox.

Daz

Managed to install K&N 57i kit today, And noticed the difference in terms of acceleration and smoothness. ECU remapping £215 + VAT when I inquired today I think would not go that far. I only spent less than £80 on the kit and it was very easy enough to install by myself, instructions included in the kit.

post-7680-0-36238400-1387823199_thumb.jp

Looks awesome dude.

True performance difference is usually detected a short while after installing the new filter as the ECU sometimes takes a while to pick up on the changes. When I installed a performance panel filter into my E38 7 series, it took a few days. I started it one morning and the thing REALLY pulled!

Daz

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links