Hedgehog,wtf?

mr metatarsal

okay guys, here is my question.I have a problem with my blower, also with my battery constantly going flat. Looking on another website I see that some people are claiming it is the final stage unit. I suspect this may be the problem I have. My heater/air conditioning unit has been playing up for the last year or so, and my battery has been going flat for the last year or so. Many of our American friends who have suffered similar problems, claim that by changing the fsu unit, everything is fixed.

Apparently the heater comes on when there is nobody in the car, even when it is turned off and locked up, the dammed thing is whirring away on low. This would apparently drain the battery overnight, leaving you with a flat battery when you return to the car.this is where I am faced with the dilemma, is the final stage unit, the same thing as a hedgehog? I have no idea what a hedgehog is, but it seems to cause lots of problems. Can anyone enlighten me, or perhaps make any suggestions regarding the final stage unit. Once again thanks for your help in advance.

Jim

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143393

thanks for the reply V8, I am just learning about this little sucker. Found this on Motormec website http://www.motormec.co.uk/aircon.pdf they have the part at a very reasonable price. And this DIY to show you how to replace it. Would you believe it I have had BMWs for years and never heard of this problem. Oh well you live and learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links