E30 Problems

bdc_dale

hey guys and girls.

mr dave sypna said you were poo hot at advice so i thought id give you all a try....i ran my e30 on a dyno tonight and it only made 114 bhp it had an engine swap from 2.0 to 2.5 and has a mysterious misfire....i have checked all the plugs and leads seperately and they all spark and there is compression....any advice is welcome i dont know what to check next or what the problem could be

cheers in advance :D

dale bradley

m20 i was told

The 2.5Litr M20 is a fantastic engine and IMO the best to ever come factory to the E30 chassis. You can do quite a lot to it..

As for the misfire, It sounds to me (providing you have checked all the obvious bits) like a timing issue. I know your engine pretty well and I'm pretty sure it's timing. Even one tooth out will cause a nasty misfire and a drop in performance

Daz

so is it easy to check or easy to do? i know enough to keep a car going but engine wise im not so up on!

It's not something you can simply get stuck into if you need your car on the road. I can explain how to do it but chances are, if you have never done it before you will become stuck. Getting stuck isn't a bad thing but as I said, if you need the car on the road as it's your daily driver, take it to a mechanic and he shall check the timing fairly quickly

It might not be the timing as I have not examined the car myself but it sure is a good solid starting point.

Daz

Make sure you bring it to Pod next Sunday Dale :) You should come on stand with us :)

Again, +1 to the Dave-man. Would love an E30 standing proud apart of the team!

Least you got to the root of the problem mate and that's what matters :)

16th Sep BMW Show @ Santa Pod !! Keep and eye on the thread in 'General Shows' for meeting times etc,prob be about 8-8:30 to be on Pod and on the club stand, pretty sure we can sort you out a club pass for the stand, you'll just have to pay £15 on the gate like the rest of us ;)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links