Possible Cause Of Power Loss??

bonner 330ci

hi all just been out to fit my simota and what a lovely fit considerin it was for an e36 m3!!! anyway whilst taking the airbox out i noticed i have a split hose! after the maf theres a hose then joiner then hose with a ribbed elbow about 30 to 40 dia, well the elbow itself has split big time! just wondered if this was the cause of some power loss?? i know that the weather and pressure gives cars there good days and bad days mainly turboed motors but some days it feels like a slug!! also whilst decelleratin i can hear a faint noise like some one taking a gasp of air?? any help would be great cheers!!

a split hose definately would not help, if you can try taping it up with some duct tape, tap it tight so no air escapes and see if that improves it, then you know its the hose and can replace it, if its a small bore hose you can getplenty of silicone hoses on ebay that you just cut to fit, if this does nt work try to have a look at the maf sensor, see if its dirty, give it a clean if is but be careful as very delicate butdoes sound like the split hose.

• 3 weeks later...

got me a new elbow from bmw for £8 bargain thought id be lookin at about £30, all fitted and sorted the kangarooinn out when pullin away, whilst fittin i found oil all down the side mabe old not sure tho mabe a rocker gaskit jobbie?? my mate got me plugged in and came up with a few faults most of em cleared but cam sensor kept comin back after clearing 5 times would this be a cause of power loss?? cheers

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links