Hi And Help Me Decide

drnh

Hi everyone

I've been looking for a new car and think I've now settled on a 5 series.....most likely a 530d M Sport.

Having always loved the E39 my heart is saying that but I have the funds to get an E60 so I'm struggling to decide which one to go for.

Obviously the E39 is cheaper, build quality seems to be better. Mileage on both models look pretty equal (nice E39 with 80k ish and generally owned by an enthusiast compared to E60 with same at more, but right(ish) money either trader or standard family owner).

I've read the buying guides but its nothing like having owners input, especially from those who've had both models.

Really cant decide where to start so any help and advice would be massively helpful.

Thanks very much

Daz

stick to what you had your heart set on first time round!! or you could end up wishing u had stuck to your gunns!!! iv done this and ended up loosin money!! iv not owned any of these but my mate has a e39 540i m and is a beast!!!!

welcome to the club mate, i had a 530d M Sport E60 and it was an awsome car, prob one of the best BMW i Have owned although you cant beat the growl of a straight 6 or v8 petrol, mine was re mapped, it was quick than my 330 ci i had before and the mid range was exceptional, had beat many a fast ar on the motorway with it, the build quality was good and so was the equipment.... i normally am a petrol man but this car did convert me, the torque was incredible , also didnt sound like a deisel. gotta i loved the E60 5sod mtech sport but it has to the mtech sport as looks a lot better. so my opinion would be the E60 but has to be the mtech sport.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links