New E46 330Ci Owner.. Couple Problems

hey,

I recently picked up my 330ci this weekend, and really couldnt be happier, have never owned a BMW before, a merc in the past (so have gone the german route once before), but this has excelled itself.

However.. couple little issues that needed sorting (prev owner neg. to mention, but at the price i paid it was still a steal)

Firstly was tracking, easily sorted once i found a garage that would actually beable to do it (as garages like QuickFit for example cannot grrr) at a nasty expense as following what i can presume as the new lowering arms they clearly didnt do the tracking after as it was about 7mm out on each will in opp directions so was actually crabbing down the road :S £100 later, sorted.

Next, parking sensors:- these are making a constant beep noise when put into reverse, the noise then stops and doesnt return unless i come out of reverse and back in and not to mention they are not doing the job at all.. any ideas?

Next, nr side sidelight:- this is randomly going off and on, i'll be driving down the road then my sensor telling me its out will come on (have checked and the sensor is telling the truth), then it will go off (and yes sidelight returns), i put it down to some sort of loose connection maybe? but any ideas on this and whether its a common fault etc (i believe my model has been fitted with the facelift angel eyes - or similar, not sure, not yet a BMW boff to be able to fully tell)

Next, handbreak:- extremely loose, have to leave in gear on the slightest of inclines, and i mean slight.. is this easy to tighten?

Brakes:- now this car had been off the road for a while, so had a bit of rust on the disks (expected), but every now and then the brakes warning light flickers on, and sometimes the ABS as well.. but however, new calipers were fitted only a year ago shortly before it came off the road, and new pads fitted only a month or so ago for its new MOT.. had a brief look through the wheels and the pads look fine, brakes work fine even.. yet alas this sensor flickers on and off at random times

i think thats all my issues, any assistance will be greatfully received :)

FYI my model is: BMW E46 330ci (2000)

Thanks

Simon

All easy fix.

Side lamp bulb,if it has an aftermarket angel eyes then check all the connections! Seen some shocking"modifications".

Handbrake,take the rear disks off and clean it all up then pull the leather gator up from the hand brake and adjust from there.

Wear sensor sounds like someone has re used the wear sensor

• 2 years later...

I am in the same boat as you - got a 2004 for a song.....spent a bit on it but near to original condition as could be hoped for.....

No repaints on my bumper but my sensors are doing it as well - any ideas?

Just has the wheels done and it looks superb....(only £180 by rolling rims)

Appreciate any idea about the following:

Need new bonnet badge

Need new wheel caps (presume plastic)

Front wing starting to bubble rust on the arch - is this covered under the 12 year corrosion warranty

Need original set of coupe mats

Just a few finishing touches as you can see but she is beautiful!!!!!!

Thanks all

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links