Buying A 330D/335D

PJH-335d

Dear members,

I've just joined the club and would like to say hi.

I've been a car enthusiast for many years and am saving up for 330D / 335D. My first BMW was a Z4 2.5 which i loved but children came along and it had to go! The day the new owners came to pick it up was a sad day but now I would another one.

I do about 60 miles a day so need a diesel preferably the 245bhp version which is my preferred choice. Budget is upto 16-17k. I am slightly obsessive with this new car and probably look on Auto trader twice a week! I'm sure their are many guys out their who have this passion.

The car has to special as spending this amount of money for me is not to be taken likely. Getting up 5.45am and arriving home at 7pm most days is hard work but the car motivates me.

Is their anyone out their or may be able to point me in the right direction for that perfect car?

Please help.

Hi

Its a great motor your lookin for. Im currently swanning around in a 61 plate 330D touring whilst mine is having the rear end replaced. My honest opinion is its a very capable car, tight solid and has plenty of power. noticabley the interior build quality is very good indeed and better that my 08 "5 series". its lower than my 5 and the drive is sportier. BUT and its a big But, ive had it two days and cant wait to get mine back. the 5 is much bigger, more comfortable, similar performance, the 5 cruises at high speed with total ease but still handles superbly when pushed. The most noticable thing is this 3 is a tractor diesel, noisy and rattly. IMO buy a 535D mate, fantastic value for money, super quiet, liniar power. At least look at one , have a test drive and compare. Good luck with your buy.

mike

Welcome mate, would have to agree with mike above, i had a 330ci cov sport, which was a lovely car but then i traded it for a 530d mtech sport and have to say what a car, the 530d comfort was much better, the power was awesome, it was far superior to the 330, but if you do go for a 530d go for the sport as the bodykit makes it look far better.

also try looking on piston heads, they a goood for sale section, also ebay is a good place but after me and mikes 535d/530d mtech sport with all the goodies sales pitches, we expect to hear from you soon witha nice shiny 5 series (also i had a black one, think mikes is by the looks of his photo, with the mtech sport bodykit it was one mean looking car and mid range acceleration was unbeleivable and the best thing was it still returned 40-45+ mpg) have to say the best BMW i Owned and i have owned quite a few

Hi mate, a diesel 3 series sounds like a good buy. About 5 years ago my Dad had a 2001 330d sport, which was a fantastic car up until the day the turbo went, costing over a grand. Besides that problem it was very reliable, and quite quick.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi

I just joined to ask the exact same question and my work life sounds identical!

I am looking at 320d m sport latest model - might be able to get it with some toys for 15-20k. However I hear 335d is worth a look. 5 might be a bit big for me!

I will follow your post with interest to see how you get on and what advice comes up. All the best!

I have a 07, 330d e92 and I absolutely love it. If I was going to diss it, the rear seats aren't exactly big. If you've got a fat ##### they're fine, but you need wee legs and it only has two seats. As for performance, Ive done a couple of things to it and it goes extremely well

Guest Mr.Beemer

welcome to the forum Philip - :)

first choice: go for a LCI 330d m sport auto !

second choice: if space & leg room is on the menu then a 535d m sport auto !

both models are superb >

your on the right thought of mind with a 245bhp model, good luck on the search :D

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links