Mpg

Chixon9291

Hi I'm new here and purchased my 1st BMW 2 weeks ago, I love it but a bit worried about the low mpg, I've been driving it normal if anything like an old man lol. It's a 530d 2004 and I'm only getting 22mpg. Most driving is around town. Is this normal?

Cheers alex

welcome mate, i had a 530d on a 2005 and was on average returning 40 - 45 mpg, so would say no but if you have reset the computer on it then maybe not showing true mpg yet as they take a while to calibrate, oher than that it doesntsound right to me, as i have a 728i sport on a 2001 and that returns 25 mpg round town and thats a 6 cyl petrol....

Maybe it could do with a new service, coz my 120d around town was averaging 22 mpg and after the service its nw averaging 26.6 mpgs. But I still feel 26.6 is too less for a diesel. My one drinks diesel like its free.

Anova thing that helps me, is wen I drive in manual mode. Anyways hopefully the numbers shoots up.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links