Front Grill's

Hi all! Hope everyone is good..

Just a quick question really. I didn't want to have to post it if i'm completely honest as it seems like such a stupid question! Anyway, I have contacted the seller and had absolutely nothing back after a countless number of messages and emails.. Does anyone know which one of these will fit my car? Or even if these are any good? If not can someone recommend some others?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320783656181?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320783656699?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The reason i'm puzzled is because I have an E36 Compact on a 2000 plate. Which isn't listed on either of them!

Any help would be appreciated :)

Char x

hi Char

be careful with after market grills i bought a carbon fiber replacment grill for about £40 looked great when delivered but wasent the tightest fit and rattled when going over speed bumps. i took it off after about two weeks when i found the chrome mesh inserts i have fitted now to my original grills

If im honest, my current ones are like that now! After a short journey to work one is barely still in there and I don't like the chrome bit.. Hence why i'm after some black ones. Thanks for the advice though!

If im honest, my current ones are like that now! After a short journey to work one is barely still in there and I don't like the chrome bit.. Hence why i'm after some black ones. Thanks for the advice though!

Hi Char,

Having such an old motor and parts being quite rare at the best of times, I'm a massive fan of making do with what I already have. Just last night I replaced one of my broken wing mirrors with a slightly less knackered one I found off of ebay. It needed ALOT of TLC such as I needed to reconfigure the glass motor, strip it apart, sand it down and repaint it. What I'm trying to say is, take yours off, sort the rattle out (Probably needs to be bent out slightly to fit the space better) and do what Dabz-spanner boy done and black it out yourself.

If it completely knackered, get on ebay and buy one that has been taken off of a scraped motor and get it black yourself. ALL the help you need is right on this forum. EVERYONE on here will agree when I say the original BMW grille beats the heck out of any aftermarket one on fleabay

HTH

Daz

In answer to ur question..........the ebay ones are for an E46 and Im fairly sure youve got an E36 !! so therefore they wouldnt fit !! and youd want 'facelift' models not 'pre facelift' Hope this helps,also a cheaper way to do this is to spray some yourself.I did and they look fine !! If you want to buy a 2nd hand pair of e36 kidney grills to spray up give my mate Paul a call on 07891 00 36 36 (tell him I sent you),he breaks e36/e46 BMs so always has them in stock :) hope that helps :)

I know mines an E36 but I just haven't come across any for a compact. I would laaaaav to do them myself but I actually have no clue as to what I'm doing or need and even though there cheap to replace, I'd rather not make it look !Removed! than it already is. Thank you for the help and I may just give that number a ring :)

its snypas number really :P :P :P ;)

haha such a pl4ya :P

None of us know what we are doing when we first do something to our cars. It wont look 'rubbisher' as you have our support on the forums

• 1 month later...

A fellow compact owner experiencing all the problems of owning a compact. I cant get my grills out as the screws in the top of the rad cover are all rounded off, and im not so handy with power tools. Ill be spraying them on the car ha.

YEP UR MISSING SOMETHING !!YOU DONT NEED TO GET TO THE BACK OF THEM!! As I have already said,just give the centre of them (the grill part) a real hard push and this will separate the inner grill and outer ring and both will then just come out of the hole,you just clip them back together and push them back in the hole !!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links