The Clean Up Job...

Guest DazH

Guest DazH

Heya guys,

I've decided to use an 'unorthodox' method of repair to get my car to the garage. I'm going to use.. 'K-Seal' :o. I've heard its a loada rubbish but if it gets me to the garage and saves me getting some hairy man to man-handle my lovely BMW onto the back of a wagon, I'm willing to give it a pop.

I have more Mayo in my engine than an hellmans factory. Iv'e gone to halfords today and got new oil, and 2 cans of engine flush. I'll go pick up a new oil filter tomorrow. What's the best way of clearing her of chocolate milkshake gunk?

The cooling system is gunked up as well. I've heard loads of different ways to clear it like washing powder and lemon juice. Again, What's the best!? and, I'm pretty new to getting my hands dirty under the bonnet (I'm learning! =]) how do I drain the cooling system? do I just remove the hose at the bottom of the rad? My engine is a M20B20 520i

If I could give cookies out for really good helpful peoples, I sooo would!

Daz

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hiya Daz, Flush the engine, both oil and coolant (take your time with it as its not worth rushing)... "Wynn's" do both flushes...

I have K-Seal in my M52 unit and it worked a treat!!! I had overheating issues which is the first sign of gasket failure!!

My advice would be to go for the "Seal-Up", K-Seals' bigger brother !

But add it AFTER you replace the coolant/antifreeze...

Gotta be worth a shot, Daz !!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links