Blown Engine....

Guest DazH

Guest DazH

Heylo,

My first post so please be gentle =] My head blew this week in my E28 M20B20 and don't really know what to do next. MY options are, buy a new E28 somewhere and sell this one for parts, get the head gasket replaced (Head if its cracked), Get the engine re-manufactured or get a re-manufactured engine installed. I think I'm swinging more towards getting a new engine fitted due to the possibility of getting an M30 installed instead.

MY questions are:

- What should I do out of those options?

- In your opinion, is there any other options?

- Can you swap a M20 for an M30 with no complications in other areas like tran/diff?

- Does anyone know anywhere that I can get what I need done in my area? (SE1 London)

I appreciate ANY help as I truly am stuck on what to do about it :S

Many thanks,

Darren

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hi Daz... You should determine which has failed, the head or the bottom-end...

I think your first job would be to take the head off and have a look to see if it can be salvaged, if you are very lucky it might be just a gasket issue !!!!

While it's off, spin the cam and notice if the valves operate, and seat ok.... Check the differences between each cylinder top (at least one will be "white" or "Oiled up"). Get back to me with your findings mate ;)

If you are adamant that you would prefer a different unit then maybe you've answered your own question :unsure:

Guest Mister Dabsy

BTW Daz... Please introduce yourself and your motor in the New Members section, you may find that you'll get much more feedback that way !!!

Guest DazH

Right-o, Thanks for your speedy reply! I'l try give that a go indeed! Any more advice would be appreciated. I do fancy a nice M30 in there as my M20 is a tad sluggish as you all can imagine in such a tank of a car.

Anywhere in London that would do that for me?

Cheers,

Darren

Btw. I have posted as a Newbie! thanks Dabsy

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links