Help needed for first time BMW owner

Tony

Hi all,

My name is Tony, i have just bought myself a 323i, 1998 ®, i am having some problems with the heating system and was wondering if i could get

some advice on how to solve this. I am only able to sign in once a day, as i work nights, so please forgive any delayed responses.

I suppose it would help if i described the problem :rolleyes::) the heating is working on both windscreen and feet, but not on the side vents, and the original radiator was leaking and has been replaced by a used one, which i suspect is off a different size engine, as it is thinner than the original, any help or advice would be greatfully appreciated, please speak in english as i am a complete novice when come to the mechanics of any car....lol.

Thank you.

Tony

the reason I ask is because it seems the heating system is working fine as the windscreen / feet get hot. it seems that its the direction of the airflow that is the problem.

Silly suggestion... right in the middle of the dash there is a temperature selection blower specifically for the middle / side vents have you turned that to hot?

Shown here in my crude 2 second photoshop as TEMP Set 2 you need to turn this so that its showing 3 red dots on the dial

dash.jpg

other than that

It could be some blocked vents.....

Could be the selector button is broken......

Could be the selector valve doesn't turn enough to blow air into the centre vents...

will have to have the dash off to see

Let us know how you get on

yes i have all temps set to high, and i hear no gurgling sounds. but need a new radiator though as the one i have started leaking last night, so need to sort that out now...lol. i think it has gone at the seem, unsure but think its the e36 2.5i one. if anyone has any suggestions on where i can get one, would be appreciated.

Thanks for the replies that have been posted so far guys. B)

yes i have all temps set to high, and i hear no gurgling sounds. but need a new radiator though as the one i have started leaking last night, so need to sort that out now...lol. i think it has gone at the seem, unsure but think its the e36 2.5i one. if anyone has any suggestions on where i can get one, would be appreciated.

Thanks for the replies that have been posted so far guys. B)

I have heating problems too. my climate control seems to work when and if it feels like it!!! but you can guarentee the air con works when its freezing and the heater sticks on in the summer.

I have been told its a common fault and the unit needs changing. :blink:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links