radio static

2007 BMW 750Li

My radio does not function properly.  front speakers are not working and it seems I only get sound out of the rear door speakers.  The channels all seem to work but the sound is very staticky.  I tried the optical loop on the devices in the trunk and does not give me any different result.  I saw a YouTube video that discribed the very same issue I am experiencing.  It says that it is the Logic7 amplifier.  I took it out and lost everything.  I added the fiber optic loop in and got everything back but no sound at all (no amplifier).  I ordered a used amplifier on EBay and will install this weekend.  Hope this works.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? 

Have you checked the actual speakers for water ingress ? Have you checked the earth points not sure if the replacement you have ordered will need registration to your chassis or not. Your original could be checked and repaired try someone like ECU Testing or Cartronix then no registration issues 

Good Luck

Dave

6 hours ago, Greydog said:

Have you checked the actual speakers for water ingress ? Have you checked the earth points not sure if the replacement you have ordered will need registration to your chassis or not. Your original could be checked and repaired try someone like ECU Testing or Cartronix then no registration issues 

Good Luck

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I hope the amp does not require registration as I have already ordered a "used" replacement Logic 7 amp.  It does have the exact part number as the original.  It is an E66 chassis.  Thank you for making me aware.  If it does not work I can look into the registration issue.  Do you know if it is possible for me to do the registration?  Thanks again.

Morning Michael

Sorry didn't realise you were in the US, I am not sure when BMW changed the Buss systems in the US I-bus was the early version with only main control units needing registration. 2005/6 was the change here, we suddenly found just about everything needed "coding" if you have a good BMW friendly Diagnostic program you should be OK

When buying parts remember like most car manufacturers BMW buy in probably 70% of components so the Auction sites are a really good source of parts used and new

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links