Rattling noise coming from front passenger side on 2023 x3.

Sergey

I recently acquired 2023 x3 and from day one I have a rattling noise coming somewhere from the front passenger side, possibly from under glove box. I checked there myself and the air duct is very lose, but when I received a loaner (also x3) while my car was in service it also has an air duct that was moving side to side but the car didn’t produce that noise. I do not think that it creates this noise though as this noise is present no matter how smooth or rough the road is. It feels like a wire is banging on some plastic or something. BMW service said that they put some felt tape although when I opened the cover under the glove box I didn't see anything there. Nonetheless the noise is still there. Please help figure this out!!!

Morning Sergey

Welcome to the Forum

First did you purchase your X3 from a BMW Dealer ? If so then I would be talking to the Sale Manager and tell him that as it is you find it unacceptable on what is almost a new car and ask for him to propose how to get it fixed.

Rattles can be a pain to find but they should be more helpful if it is still there

Good Luck

Dave

• 5 months later...

There is a vibrating noise coming from the glove box when it’s closed and vehicle is in motion. No noise when glove box is open. It’s a 22 X3. Anyone experienced this? Suggestions on fixing this would be great

Morning Ram 

Welcome to the Forum

As it is less than 3 years old have you tried the Dealer it should be tight and quiet? Obvious thing ask a passenger to place a finger on the dash/lid around the Glove box to see if that effects the rattle. At least you will know where it comes from. I take it the glove box is empty ? be embarrassing to have a dealer empty it and stop the rattle 😁

Dave

Had the same problem my self. Found out that it was from the cover below where there are two quarter turn screws.

one of the clips was missing so the screw could not tighten up on.bmw part no. B.07.14.9.321.590. 
hope that helps

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links