Centre Dash function carrier and bottom panel.

Ian Perrott

Good morning, some help please ! I am changing out the head unit in my RHD 2014 X3 2.0d from the small, basic (non sat nav) unit to the larger head unit with Sat Nav pro. I have all the parts, have dry fitted them and all works well. However, I can now see that I do need to replace the centre dash carrier and the bottom panel to accommodate the new larger head unit. I have the part numbers for the replacement carrier and panel, but only for the LHD versions (9301627 and 9201670 respectively). Can anyone tell me what the part numbers are for the RHD versions ? Many thanks, Ian

Hi Ian

Welcome to the Forum

Try www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model then search for what you need, this is a BMW online parts list as used by BMW Dealers so it should have what you need.

Try the Audio section but also check the trim and body sections BMW don't always put stuff where you think is logical. If you double click the part number it will call up any alternates

Hope this helps

Dave

Like I said Ian, BMW would prefer to keep us all dumber than dumb and totally reliant on them 😅

So they often put the answers in the most unlikely places they are trying to stop folks using realoem they used to allow access to their workshop information www.newtis.com but blocked access a couple of years ago I believe. 

I have a copy of INPA/ISTA mounted on an old laptop and fortunately it has the WIS (Workshop Information System) as part of the Diagnostic Program 

Just took a look at ISTA and your part number 9301627 appears to be the same Left or Right hand drive The cover panel for the Centre stack seems to be one digit different 9201671 for RHD (probably viewing angle)

Good Luck with the upgrade 

Dave

9 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Like I said Ian, BMW would prefer to keep us all dumber than dumb and totally reliant on them 😅

So they often put the answers in the most unlikely places they are trying to stop folks using realoem they used to allow access to their workshop information www.newtis.com but blocked access a couple of years ago I believe. 

I have a copy of INPA/ISTA mounted on an old laptop and fortunately it has the WIS (Workshop Information System) as part of the Diagnostic Program 

Just took a look at ISTA and your part number 9301627 appears to be the same Left or Right hand drive The cover panel for the Centre stack seems to be one digit different 9201671 for RHD (probably viewing angle)

Good Luck with the upgrade 

Dave

Many thanks for this Dave. I was struggling to understand what the difference between LHD and RHD could be for the centre carrier so good to learn that they appear to be the same. Bottom panel could just be the clip arrangement but again there's no logical reason why LHD and RHD should be different. Ive actually got the new Head unit, screen and controller all working together but to avoid 'modifying' the existing carrier, I wanted to try and fit the one that is meant to fit and do the job properly. many thanks again. Ian 

Hello again Dave, Ive just checked the cover panel number and 9201671 is a facia panel. The bottom panel I think I need is 9201670 (or maybe 9301724) as this accommodates the fact that the larger head unit protrudes below the level of the centre stack and so the existing (flat) cover panel (9193774) doesn't fit. The new bottom panel (see photo) is angled so as to sit a bit lower, cover the bottom of the head unit, and then go under the whole stack. I believe they are stamped LHD and RHD, but in reality, I can't see/understand why there would be any difference, especially if the carrier (to which it clips) is the same for LHD and RHD. Ian

s-l1600.jpg

Morning Ian

I have 2 Lower Covers listed (1) is for wireless phone charging (2) is without 

Part Numbers are (1) 9301727 (2) 9301725 both are manufacture 04/2014 onwards, what is the manufacture date for your car in case late 2013 was different though I doubt it. In ISTA WIS it lists as Europe models which suggests both LHD/RHD are the same (just shot myself in the foot there) Those part numbers appear to supersede 9193774

Hope this helps

Dave