Windows and mirror not working

Dee

2 weeks ago, when i started my car my electric windows did not fold out. I put the window down and pushed the window out at which time the windows went in and out a few times which was strange. they finally settled in a position i could use. last monday, a guy ran into the back of me and broke my bumper.nothing major but the next day the same thing happened with me mirror only this time my window on the drivers side would not got down. Mirror on passenger side would not fold out be the window would go down. Drivers door panel controls wont work either. Bmw had it in shop today but said that what needs done to repair it is not covered my warrenty as its is booked in with insurance to repair the bump, which im assuming they are aportioning blame too even though i told them at initial sign it that it happened before the bump too. Im afraid if insurance covers repairs that its going to void any responsibility that bmw has if this is going to be an ongoing problem with electrics. It seems to me to be an expensive fit that they are passing the buck on. anyone else have problems with the same issue or any advice please. Car is only just a year old.

Morning Denise

Welcome to the Forum

A fault is a fault what reason has your Dealer given that this is not covered under Warranty ? Have you talked to BMW UK Customer Services ?

If the Dealer is claiming the rear bumper damage is the cause ask him how? which bit of the cars system links the rear bumper to the Door mirrors and drivers door control panel ?

Itemise in writing the time line and sequence the faults occurred. Make sure it is clear that Folding Mirror and Window control issues were there before the rear end bump. Send it to the Dealer with a copy to BMW UK by email that way you will have a legal record. 

Good luck 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links