help please

rik187

hello all. just changed out my trans case actuator and then reset the resitor and calibrated the actuator too using my dephi tool. it worked fine i checked oporation with tool aswell heard the actuator runing but now i have the above code 5208 "voltage supply shifting motor signal not available permanent"

i have tired to activate the actuator and reset the calibration but says oporation failed.

read somewhere it might be a pin loose on the plug i checked the plug on the actuator and the module in the boot no damage.  unplugged them all and put them back got control of the actuator and reset it and resistor. 

fuse 26 then blew its a 7.5 and now have the same issue. 

thinking its the module gone in the boot anybody had similar issues

Morning Rik

Welcome to the Forum

Certainly I would go back and check all connections and supply voltages also check all earth connections 

With the fuse replaced what happened? A scan with some thing like BMW 1.4.0 or INPA/ISTA would give a more accurate picture as they communicate with individual modules.

One of our sons has a Toyota pickup he had a failed fuse on the lighting replaced it 2 days blew again replaced it a few days later pop. As I was going to the local motor factors I asked for some fuses, we replaced the fuse again 2 years later no issues ???

Dave

thanks mate will do that... the fuses hasnt blown again but i think that is because i havent got power to it.... looked at the connections to the module in the boot lookedokay and made no difference  so thinking its the one under the car. got a second hand module for £20 so. seeing if that makes a differnce when it gets here 

Make sure you have the correct part check www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin in the search box it will bring up your car/model then check the section you need. When you have the part number double click it and you should get a list of any alternatives available.

Also check the loom is in good order in case you have a damaged cable shorting against the chassis.

Good luck

Dave

changed the module and how weird if this only got the 4x4 light and drove and the others stayed off... then tired to reset the actuator and risistor and then the voltage fault came up again and is permanent so weird might, going to change out the new risistor with my old one and if that fails change the actuator for the old one too. 

beginning to the new actuator is faulty 

the actuator is new... all. three lights back on think. i am. going to. have to take it in still saying code 5208 "voltage supply shifting motor signal not available permanent

Are you certain that the pins in the connectors (check each end of the loom) haven't moved? If pin 1 has been pushed back or dislodged it will cause your fault

There was if I recall a service bulletin that the loom under the passenger seat needed to be checked but my old brain can't remember why at the moment

Dave 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links