2016 BMW 430d.

Vapid74

Hi all another newbie with a timing chain question. Hope to pick up my 2016 430d this week it has 27000miles on it with full service. Did this engine have the dreaded timing chain problems I've heard about. Thanks 

Morning Willie

Welcome to the Forum

Apart from a genius in BMW's design department deciding to put the chain at the rear of the engine meaning work on the chains and tensioners is an engine out job !! 

However the well published issue's tended to be with the early 4 cylinder engines more than the 6 cylinder's. My experience of these engines comes from my brother inlaw having now owned 5 x 5 series touring 2x 530d 2x 535d and his current 540d xDrive. All his cars are ecu tuned all have had full BMW Dealer histories to ensure the best trade in. All his cars have run to 200k + to help the car we carry out 5k oil and filter changes and a general inspection. Apart from some EGR and swirl flap issues with the early cars (all taken care of under warranty) there have been no issues. In fact his first 535d was purchased by one of the BMW Tech's at his Dealership who still owns it.

Dave

8 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning Willie

Welcome to the Forum

Apart from a genius in BMW's design department deciding to put the chain at the rear of the engine meaning work on the chains and tensioners is an engine out job !! 

However the well published issue's tended to be with the early 4 cylinder engines more than the 6 cylinder's. My experience of these engines comes from my brother inlaw having now owned 5 x 5 series touring 2x 530d 2x 535d and his current 540d xDrive. All his cars are ecu tuned all have had full BMW Dealer histories to ensure the best trade in. All his cars have run to 200k + to help the car we carry out 5k oil and filter changes and a general inspection. Apart from some EGR and swirl flap issues with the early cars (all taken care of under warranty) there have been no issues. In fact his first 535d was purchased by one of the BMW Tech's at his Dealership who still owns it.

Dave

Thanks Dave much appreciated 👍 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links