BMW x3 mk 1 and sensor fault

Johnk

Hi all I have a 54 plate 2.0L diesel x3, a few weeks ago I had warning lights on the dash, plugged in a reader and got rear right sensor fault, so I changed the sensor and cleaned the sensor ring, fault cleared after a few times of resetting, so gave driven the car for a few days all good, now I have the same fault lights on the dash so stop the car turn off restart fault gone drive some more and at different times the fault comes back, now reads rear right sensor air gap, can any of you recommend a fix
Thanks
John

Morning John

From your description we are talking about the the ABS sensor and reluctor ring? When you say you cleaned the ring was it badly corroded? If to much surface came away while cleaning it could give an un-even air gap? Also is the new sensor seated properly and torqued to 8 n/m? I have also read that the ABS unit can throw these faults 

Sorry no solution but my thoughts 

Dave

Check www.newtis.info there may be something for your model there as it is the same technical information used by BMW Dealers

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links