Dashcam choices and install on 520d Touring

Woodspiral

Hi,

I want to get a front and rear 2 channel dashcam installed. Looking though the models it seems Nextbase and Blackvue are two leaders amongst others.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  

Wondering about fitting it myself but a bit nervous about getting everything right.  The 4m fixing lead on the Nextbase models is apparently not long enough to run from the mirror area to the boot fusebox, for one.  Another issue I'm concerned about is the mounting of the rear cam on the flip up boot window - how will that work. I did see a picture of someone installing it with a coiled wire which I guess if done discretely in a corner it would be ok. Does anyone have any experience of doing this?  Is it a doddle? I've got a quote for £150 to install which seems a bit expensive but I don't know what's involved.  The electrical side of it makes me nervous too - attaching it to potentially the wrong terminals, etc.  I'm pretty handy around the house and the workshop but when it comes to cars a lot of it is a mystery to me.

Thanks!

Woody

Hi I have a nextbase in the front and I got Halfords to install it £30, don't normally recommend them but had no problems and the pictures are great. Saved me when a cyclist hit me. You can even see his expression change when he realised he was not stopping. Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links