6 series airbag code

CPM

Well I need a bit of help .my air bag light is on ( 6 cabriolet E64 )and I have a code of 93AC Left side air bag

any one know of most common issue that I could start to look for ? 

Thanks  CPM 

I think it is the seat occupancy sensor mat which usually break and flag up a code for the front passenger seat

Here is a link to one of many bypass kits available to switch it off 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E90-E60-E87-E88-PASSENGER-SEAT-OCCUPANCY-BYPASS-MAT-SENSOR-AIRBAG-EMULATOR-/200967932097?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Plat_Gen%3AE87&hash=item2eca9f48c1

Thanks you Trevor I have read the definition of the code on BMW codes and one says left side and another drivers side ?

i wonder is the code for right hand drive drivers side or left hand drive drivers side ? so i am not sure now what side air bag is showing the fault code

but thank you for your help 

Thanks I am going for that then and thanks for the link I will let you know how I get on it may help others if it fix's it if not then more on to next bit

On 13/03/2017 at 10:58 AM, Trevor said:

I think it is the seat occupancy sensor mat which usually break and flag up a code for the front passenger seat

Here is a link to one of many bypass kits available to switch it off 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E90-E60-E87-E88-PASSENGER-SEAT-OCCUPANCY-BYPASS-MAT-SENSOR-AIRBAG-EMULATOR-/200967932097?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Plat_Gen%3AE87&hash=item2eca9f48c1

Hey many thanks for this page. Did not even know they had this. Anyways is there a way to know for definite that it is that.

many thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links