Qwerty

Qwerty

Y keys  stopped working 2 days after buying car and they are in a mess, last owner must have tried opening them both to try and fix them.

now I need new keys and they also need reprogramming, does anybody know how much they are from main dealer or is there a cheaper version anywhere, any help would be appreciated as I can't lock car without messing and can't switch alarm on.

please reply if you know anything

qwerty 👍

Hi and welcome

Your keys should still open the drivers door and operate the ignition

There are lots of repair kits for BMW keys and how too's on You Tube sadly BMW never designed the key to be serviceable so it has to be cut open and glued back together.

Keys should recharge when in the ignition if they dont then it could be a failed battery or just lost programming again You Tube is your friend do a search.

I have to admit my route was the expensive, some would say lazy route £120 from my local BMW Dealer 

For information and part numbers I use www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your vin and it will show your model

Good Luck

• Like 1

Cheers graydog, as the owner before me already tried opening the key it's a right mess so I think like you I'm probably going to be lazy and get from my local BMW dealer and being in Cornwall there's not many about but if it's not much more than £120 it's sounds s bargain. 

Cheers qwerty 👍

Just looked at the dealer list in my Handbook looks as though Falmouth is the only one in Cornwall then Plymouth or Barnstable as near.

I have read that now there are some Dealers who give good discounts to customers with "older" models. For mine they needed the Vin Number gave it over the phone then they called me 2 days later to say it's in. They wanted sight of the V5 to ensure I was the owner before we swapped Hard Earned for Key and the Service Manager paired it for me.

Good luck

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links