335i passenger side front strut movement

Hi. Well i am hoping somebody on here will help shed light on a problem i cant figure out. Suppose i could hand it into the professionals, but like everyone, to save a few quid, im handy enough to fix it if i can actually discover the problem lol        so, iv had the car from april 15 & when i purchased it i could feel the slightest of movement in the front passenger side strut, and as time went on it "as expected" got worse. So approaching my last mot i got the wheel off, inspected the whole set up , everything looked fine .. but i had guessed looking at the set up, it must off been a knackered thrust arm as it would be the one supporting the front back movement ..  but it never fixed the problem 😔😔😔 .. anyhow off to mot i went and for the first time in my life i wanted my car to fail 😂 .. just so i could discover what the problem was lol ... but as the luck has been going , the damm thing passed!!! 😂😂😂 nearly was gonna say "are you sure m8, wanna check around the strut area again"😂😂 .. anyhow im puzzled 🤔 .. i read that on replacing the thrust arm you should replaced the nut as it locks, so i never done this..... could it be possible i never torque it tight enough and because i never replaced this nutt it hasnt locked n has losened up????..... . It is a auto car & when i hold my foot on the brake & gently release the brake you can feel the movement throwing forward, like braking moves it tight backwards and holds there as the car had been moving forward & on realise it moves itself forwards... also on jabbing the brake it a  staggered type "boom""boom""boom".. you can hear and feel "clunk""clunk""clunk" & movement in that strut .. also there is shutter n feed back through the steering & on braking at higher speeds it is like there is a warp disc, but im putting this down to the movement. Also the wheel has been fixed on that corner and im predicting that is not running true no more & possible the feed back too.. but thats not to do with the movement.. so im annoyed lol .. i have a great quick car & i feel since iv owned it i haven't had the driving experience of it yet as iv had alll this movement going on in braking n steering ... really hope people here are gonna steer me in the right direction 🖒🖒🖒🖒 please help lol .. thanks regards keith.

Hi Keith,

I'm not sure what the actual root cause of the fault is but I would highly recommend  you at least take it to a garage for diagnosis, even if you carry out the repairs yourself, but as it relates to handling and/or brakes I would get a diagnosis as soon as possible.

Once you have the diagnosis, then post up on here again and we can look at the options for rectification.

Cheers  Trevor

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links