New BMW User (Not sure which)

jimual

Hello Everyone,

I have finally gotten my hands onto my BMW! I managed to get myself a 2011 BMW 3 Series, 2.0D, MSPORT 5 Door,

I have gotten a question or two?

(1) I've searched google and think that my model is a E92, I really want to replace the angel light bulb with a brighter white one? do i have to replace the entire unit? or is it just a plug and play bulb adjustment i have searched through the form alot.. and every thread i find it's always one of two ways? either underneath the wheel arch or open the bonnet and go through the top. now obviously not knowing what model i have is causing a problem! any help would be greatly appreciated!

(2) While looking for new angel bulbs (lights) I've come accross a few that say they will not fit the xenon model headlamps? as far as im aware looking at my headlights these are NOT xenon? am  i correct in thinking this.

Thankss!

IMG_20161030_145456.jpg

IMG_20161030_145502.jpg

IMG_20161030_145558.jpg

IMG_20161030_145624.jpg

Edited by jimual
Pictures Added

Hi James...welcome to the Forum

Great looking car...which does appear to be an E92 by all accounts.

The headlamps you have look to be standard Halogen bulbs as cannot see a ballast pack at the rear of the headlamps.

Let us know how you progress with upgrading the headlamps.

Cheers   Trevor

Hello James, nice looking 3 series! I wouldn't mind getting one of them as a daily to replace my current run about.

I also would just like to inform. Your 3 series is actually an E90, not an E92. The E92 is the 2 door/coupe variant. The 5 door/saloon variant you have is the E90. I just thought I'd say :) I think it's an easy mix up. I didn't know the difference before.

Thanks both! Sorry it's taken me a while to reply! been browsing through this form and some people have some BEAUTIFUL CARSSSS! may have gotten a little distracted.

Thanks for letting me know which model it is, i am planning on ordering some new halo bulbs? any recommendations as don't want to buy to cheap and have to buy twice! Many thanks!! 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links