Red Oil Pressure Light/rough Idle/lack Of Power

jakeharris13

Hi all,

Very new to this so apologies if it doesn't make a lot of sense!

I've owned a 07 plate 320i for just over a year now, never had any problems with it up until about 3 months ago when I was driving home on a 200 mile journey and the engine management light came on the car suddenly lost all power and started using double the amount of fuel. I pulled over and let the engine cool but then the red oil light came on almost instantly.

I spoke to my local BMW garage when I got back and they advised the injectors need replacing because of the problems and the age of the car, so £1,000 later I had all of them replaced. For a little while after this the car was fine, it had power and the fuel usage seemed to be back to normal with no engine management lights or red oil pressure lights coming up. Then after about 2/3 weeks of using the car the red oil light came back on and the car seems to be back to having a lack of power, using double the amount of fuel and always smelling strongly when the engine is running and a rough idle especially when cold!

I've booked in the garage again for them to have a look on the 31st as thats the only time available so I

thought I would see if anyone had any ideas or the same problems?! I've read about the common problems of a 3 Series of this age but not really got an answer. Wondering if it's worth selling the car or trying to get the problems fixed?

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Jake

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links