2000 320d Touring Possible Fuel Injector Problems

MikeM

Hi,

I have just joined and have been reading various topics but wonder if anyone can advise me how to obtain the correct Fuel Injection Pump for my elderly 320D Touring. I live in France and have been to BMW France in Limoges who conducted a diagnostic test to discover why the engine refuses to run.

The history, I acquired the car which needed a Throttle Pedal Sensor replaced because it would not run when the revs exceeded 2000, reverting to tickover. The Throttle sensor replacement appeared to solve the problem and the car passed its French Control Technique (MOT equivalent) though I experience a couple of episodes of the engine momentrally missing and then reverting to normal. Over 300 kms, this occurred for a couple of seconds on a small number of occasions.

Then on a short trip, the engine cut out and refused to start. The fuel guage read between a quarter and empty so I put about a litre of diesel into the tank and got home. I then half filled the tank at the local supermarket. On a medium trip I again experienced several missing episodes before the engine cut out and I needed recovery.

My local mechanic ran a diagnostic chech which indicated that Fuel sensors were a problem but BMW diagnostics resulted in a Fuel Injector pump failure. The cost of replacement will be 2,800 euros. We declined and brought the car home.

I am trying to source a replacement pump but cannot find the part number even when I supply Registration and VIN.

Can anyone help?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links