What Model Is My Car

stuart44

My bmw comes up as a 320D ES , I am looking for an owners manual, can't find one that states ES, is my car the E46 model are they the same. The car is on a 54 plate.. Please Help.

Hi Stuart, I have the same make model and year as you, and there is no handbook available for it. I bought mine with 75K on the clock and it now has 125K after 3 years.

However, a couple of words of advice.

If not already done so, get your swirl flaps replaced, because they will fail, and it will cost you a small fortune to replace - this is a known issue.

If not already done so, check your mass damper for splits, because it will fail, throw the belts and leave you with spaghetti wrapped around your pulleys, and will cost a lot of money to repair - this is a known issue.

If not already done so, check the earth wire in your rear light cluster, because it will fail, as the earth wire is too thin. It will not cost much money to replace, but is a known issue.

If not already done so, check your turbo, because it will fail, and will cost you a lot of money to replace - this is a known issue.

If not already done so, check your rear brake pipe around the fuel tank, because it will split and cause your brakes to fail, and cost a lot of money to have it replaced.

Do not attempt to listen to medium or long wave radio with the rear demister on, because all you will hear is crackle - this is a known problem

If not already done so, take out comprehensive breakdown cover to recover you to home when each of the above occurs (apart from the radio, but that is just frustrating!).

As they say, prevention is better than cure. Happy motoring mate ;)

Yep, it has cost me a fortune mate. However, when it runs, it drives really well. Mine is the sport version with auto box.

Got stung by the swine who sold it to me. Reckon he took the aircon drive belt off when I test drove it to save the strain, then put it back on before I bought it. 2 days later the mass damper fell off, taking the drive belts with it.

The rest have all happened over the course of time. I invested in a diagnostics cable and software as well, which has been useful :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links