Looking For A E46

Stu Mac

Looking to change car to a 3 series e46 and having looked at various engines im down to a choice of 2 i think. I would prefere a 325 or 330 as these seem to be the better performing engines with similar mpg. Looking online its hard to see if theres much of a difference between the auto and manual box although id prefere a manual there seems to be loads of autos. Would also prefere the coupe over the saloon but not too fussed and convertable id a defo no Lol. Any opinions on milage also welcome as Im kinda looking at 100k or less if poss. Although appreciate they will go well past it. Any hints tips when picking and opinions on above please

Guest Mr.Beemer

Welcome to the forum - 😊

Both engines are good & look great in a coupe chassis. I think the auto box is better suited for these engines but if your a manual driver than that's good too. Reliable & smooth apart from the odd caliper sticking & suspension arm bushes wearing. 100k would be average mileage, as they can go well beyond that.

Good luck on your search 😏

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate

I'm thinking of selling mine, however its the baby e46 so you may not be interested 4 cylinder 2 litre manual m sport coupe immaculate condition

Just in case

• Like 1

Hi thanks but defo want a 330, kinda anoyed as there were a few before i went on hols id have went for but wife wasnt keen on swapping car park crap and insurance etc

• 1 month later...

Well i got one, not a 330 coup but a 325 manual 4 door. Not overly dissapointed as its a vlean looking car and was right money with only 88k on the clock on a 51 plate. 2 owners with last owner for 8 years and a full srvice history to 83k. Kinda green colour not sure what its called lol but cream interior with little if any use of passenger and rear seats. Hope its a good un

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links