Intro

benE90

Hi hows it going? I recently bought my 1st bmw, a 330d m sport auto. Without a doubt its the best car I have ever had! I'm thinking of getting it remapped where's the best place to go? I live in kent.

Guest Mr.Beemer

welcome to the forum Ben - :)

any reputable mapping company can carry out a remap. however I personally would opt for a custom remap tailored only for your engine/gearbox, rather than one of the shelf map.

I have had both in the past with both maps (stage 2) producing 310bhp respectively at the flywheel without dpf/egr.

I recommend P Torque in Wolverhampton but that's a firm distance away from kent.

evolve, evolution chips are also to consider. celtic tuning are good too which is in your neck of woods''

let us know how you get on, all the best ;)

Hello Ben and Mr Beemer, I have recently bought my second 330d touring auto. It is an example of the previous model to yours (but as a 2004 model I still very happy with it). With the help of a kind watcher of the forums I am presently investigating a possible hic-cup with sensors. More significantly I have removed the inlet swill flaps (which I think were never fitted to your model?) so have been thinking of having the car's mapping checked. I have been given the name of a local company (in Exeter) which have a good reputation. I THINK they are charging about £300 for tuning on a dyno. Could I ask whether this is about the current going rate for such work? Enjoy your 330d, Fred

Guest Mr.Beemer

yes Fred. £300 sounds about right for remap with before & after dynos.

if any faults on ecu stored, it will show up pre remap. best to have the car running sweet before you tune her up!

Thanks dilly, I am feeling more optimistic that the current problem with the car will be a 'glitch' and then, with a remap, the car is going to be great for a nice summer (with sunroof and re-gassed air-con (already done)). Cheers again, Fred

welcome to the forum Ben - :) any reputable mapping company can carry out a remap. however I personally would opt for a custom remap tailored only for your engine/gearbox, rather than one of the shelf map.I have had both in the past with both maps (stage 2) producing 310bhp respectively at the flywheel without dpf/egr. I recommend P Torque in Wolverhampton but that's a firm distance away from kent.evolve, evolution chips are also to consider. celtic tuning are good too which is in your neck of woods'' let us know how you get on, all the best ;)

Hi dilly i emailed celtic tuning and asked about their stage 1 remap. It should get around 300bhp and 416lb/ft torque with no other mods required. Do you know roughly how much quicker that will make my car?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links