530D Fuel Problem

hello everybody some kind of help needed

here goes when filling my 530d e60 i can only get a 3rd of a tank in then its full to the top of the filler neck if i leave the car on the drive is slowley runs into the tank very slowley after a hour or so this is causing problems as we are unable to fill the tank completely

nobody as yet has been able to give me any answers thanks hope you can help me

In my opinion, which isn't worth much, I think it has fell off and stuck further down the neck, restricting the flow of fuel. The only reason i think this, is because i had this problem with a Mondeo. Had to remove the neck, which meant lowering the tank. Should have changed the filler neck, but the customer didn't want to buy a new one. Used a bit of welding wire and forced it back up the neck and removed it. Job done. Ive no idea how BMW route the neck or even where the tank is. Hope this helps

Thanks all helps but only seems restricted once I'm at 3rd of a tank

I put 20 litres in last night and it flows in ok if I try more it backs up and flows out

It's strange and annoying but needs sorting as we are off to france in a few week

Ok just striped rear wheel arch down to look at filler neck

Breather pipe didn't seem blocked could blow into the tank ???

How does the filler neck come away from the tank does it just pull out ??? Didn't want to damage it and was giving it a good yank

Need the car Dailey so couldn't afford to be off the road any help so I can try again soon cheers

Up date !

Took filler neck off not blocked ?

blew into breather doesn't seem

Blocked

But can still only get 3rd of a tank of fuel

Help much needed now please with any more ideas

Fed up

If the filler neck is clear, its got to be a breather problem. When you checked the breather, did you blow air down the breather back into the tank. The airflow has to be other way. Blow air into the fuel filler neck and check air is leaving through the breather. There should also be a breather on top of the tank that vents fuel odour away from the car. If those two are clear then its a tank out.

If the filler neck is clear, its got to be a breather problem. When you checked the breather, did you blow air down the breather back into the tank. The airflow has to be other way. Blow air into the fuel filler neck and check air is leaving through the breather. There should also be a breather on top of the tank that vents fuel odour away from the car. If those two are clear then its a tank out.

Yes I blew into the breather then released it and derv came out The breather Pipe

So presumed that it wasn't blocked if derv flows out or am I wrong thinking that ???

Just cannot understand why it only takes 3rd of a tank and its overflowing at the neck

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links