Closed

It could be the tracking needs adjusting or it could be the tyre pressures were not adjusted after they swapped the tyres around. The rear tyre pressures should be higher than the front tyres.

If your still not happy with the feel of the car get the front and rear tyres swapped back. I have had rear wheel drive cars behave very strangely for no reason before. I had one car that became very difficult to control on occasions. It would start swerving all over the place for no reason at around 50mph. I had the suspension and bushes all checked and still this would happen on occassions. So I swapped the wheels around front to back and all was fine.

Thank you! I'm going to take it to another garage and ask them about the tracking. I was told swapping back the tyres wouldnt make a difference, however, I personally think it will so will give anything a try to get it driving normal again. I think I have 32 on the back and 30 on the front pressure wise?

Lyndsey I have seen many times what you have explained and it has always been caused by a different brand being fitted IE say you had 4 Dunlops and replaced the 2 worn ones with a different brand sometimes they just don't get on together, best to keep all 4 matching is my advice.

Regards

Steve

Thank you. I am getting them checked on Thursday along with the tracking. I always keep them the same high spec but I'm not actually 100% sure if they are all currently them same. Another thing to look at too I think.

It does yes. Been on the motorway aswell today and much smoother changing lanes. Confidence back now.

Well I did wonder how it could have happened but I moved to the other end of the country so can't really go in and check.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links