Paint Advice Please

M9G

So I bought a boot lip which needs painting, i popped into halfords and asked them to make me up a couple of cans, gave them the paint colour 354/7 titansilver, halfords list 7 different bmw 354 titansilvers with no /7 on the end

Any idea what i can do?

Thanks

M9G

ask for colour cards of each shade. take them to your car and choose the one that matches, Titan Silver is a bugger for it. i am a panel beater by trade and 1 colour is never just 1... some have even got up to 15 varients, some probably more that i am yet to find.

My car, Cosmos Schwartz has 11 variants, from normal, cleaner, darker, redder, greener, coarser, lighter, darker and redder, darker and greener, lighter and redder, lighter and greener all on my R-M Scheme.

Thanks Steve, I asked the guy if he had colour cards but they didnt, he did say he'd make up a bit and go out and try it against my car, I think it would be too difficult to actually try and see a match as variants of the same colour usually have a slight hint of something else in it, had this problem once before with ford diamond white, i think theres 10 variants of that and they all looked the same against the car.

I have e-mailed halfords tech support, dont expect to get a result but you never know.

I'd look elsewhere but my concern is if theres so many varients would another company just send me what they have which could be slightly different.

It is just a boot lip so maybe a slight colour variance wouldnt show but would like to get the right variant if possible.

Thanks for comment :-)

M9G

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links