Sound System Upgrading

Buptaboy

Hi All,

Has anyone changed their head unit, speakers, and or added a sub to the system? Did you experience any strange issue's?

I only ask as I have heard that the German's like to do some weird wiring within their cars and a couple of mates with Audi's have had problems with rear speakers not working after replacing just the head unit.

Also, I want to use the centre mounted facia panel that I have seen pictures of but cannot find it anywhere to buy.

DSC00983.jpg

Any advice or info greatly welcomed.

as it happens I changed the head unit today from a factory unit to a new unit and all I can say is there isn't mutch space behind for adaptor harness and its knocked out the steering controls ,I couldn't find a centre mount either but to be honest the one I got from Halfords looks as it should be there I even managed to get a head unit with red LED to match the rest of the dash don't forget to buy an antenna adaptor as well

Yeah it looks as though the off centre facia is the only one available in the UK, you can get the central facia from the states but cost including delivery works out about £60 (not including any import taxes!) so looks like my symmetry OCD will have to suffer!

I too noticed there is sod all room behind the unit for cabling and couldn't see where I will be able to root the iPod cable. I'm thinking about stripping out the climate control unit and having a play around to find the best cable route solution. With the steering wheel controls you have to get a separate unit to work with the car and head unit. You can get a full set (including fascia) from eBay for around £45:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Stereo-Fitting-Kit-for-BMW-E46-with-ALPINE-Steering-Interface-Facia-Adaptor-/351085495567?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item51be53850f

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links