335D Advice Needed

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum!! I have put a deposit down on a 335d M Sport.

It has updated front disks and a remap.

The printout for the bhp comes back at 391.4bhp. There is a button to turn map on behind gear selector also.

Does anyone know what sort of map it could be and has anyone heard of a button to turn map on???

From what I have been reading, the bhp figures are out of safe remap territory??

Thanks in advance all.

Guest Mr.Beemer

hi Lee.

you got yourself a machine. they come in stock at 286 bhp at flywheel. they normally get mapped to around 330-350 bhp as a safe generic map. has your turbo or injectors been changed or uprated ? if on stock, reliability can be an issue at times on those figures you have.

I have heard of switchable modes where you can go back to stock performance. think its an evolve switch <_<

Hi buddy,

Thanks for quick reply.

I haven't checked if turbo or injectors have been uprated. The switch is a circular switch and has a power symbol on it. It's red when turned off and goes green when you press it.

I just don't want to drive it too much until I know the map and whether it is safe.

I have come from a MK4 R32 so cannot wait to start driving the 335d!!!

Funnily enough I looked at Evolve maps with switches earlier.

Guest Mr.Beemer

I am sure you got a few things uprated such as the fuel pump because I cant see those figures running on stock'

no disrespect to the R32 but this driving machine is a total different ball game in all aspects of areas & its a diesel with mountains of torque! you will enjoy every mile :rolleyes:

general advise would be run stock map most of the time then you always got the option of switchable beast mode :D

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links