Bmw X5 E70 Separation Net Or Dog Guard Problem

nlscottt

As you know it is a legal requirement to have a dog guard in your car. I have just bought a 2013 e70 3.0d msport that has no facility for having a dog in your car unless you go to Halfords and buy a cheap budget one that's universal and never fits properly, so info required by BMW TO WARN CUSTOMERS BUYING SECONDHAND CARS WHO ARE DOG OWNERS.

I am aware of Rule 57 in the Highway Code, I am also aware that the police can prosecute if an animal is able to distract the driver in any way.

I am also aware that Northern Ireland is considering a law, but as far as I am aware In the UK, the Welfare of Animals in Transport Order prohibits owners from transporting their pets in any way that 'causes, or is likely to cause, injury or unnecessary suffering to that animal'.

In the case of dogs, the RSPCA recommends that they are kept both secure and comfortable during transport, using a harness, travelling crate or a container.

'It is important that a dog is suitably restrained in a vehicle so that it doesn't distract the driver or injure them if the vehicle stops quickly,'

As I understand a seat belt harness or lead secured to a suitable anchor is acceptable in all the recommendations but currently there is no law.

The biggest concern I would have is the dealer you have brought your car from!!! Ask them to check BMW part No 51476972712 (this is for the integrated luggage cover and luggage net) the last two digits may change to match interior trim.

It could be the original owner didn't specify the guard so the roof mountings are not there?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links