Glass Cleaning

Guest jeffthro

Windolene. Just use it the same as if you were cleaning your windows at home. Use decent polishing cloths, preferably lint free.And while on the subject of glass, if you've got very slightly squeaky wipers (and even if you haven't in my personal opinion), use Rainex. A great visibility aid at motorway speeds in very wet weather, like the last couple of months or so.

Guest jeffthro

Pleased to help, Adam. I'm not a very "techie" person generally, but I've been involved in the car glass industry for 14 years, so thats one thing I do know about. Best I just warn you, the "Rainex" is quite expensive, The last one I bought was £6.99 for 200ml. (I used to get it free, haha!). It does last a long time, though. Use sparingly. Get a little piece of cloth, wet it, and then do over the whole screen with it. Only use a little bit of cloth, otherwise you waste more of the product in the cloth than you wipe onto the glass.

If you like the effect it has on the rainwater running off, you can also treat your side windows. It really does make visibility loads better.

I've always found a good glass cleaner (I use one called NilGlass) along with kitchen towel is a good combo. I find that as the kitchen towel is disposable, it doesn't carry any grease like a normal cloth can.

I can also vouch for the Rain X that Jeff mentioned. I've used it and found it to be very good stuff!

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links