Help A Newbie Decide On A 2009 120D Bmw Automatic

Artrocker

Hello everyone,

I have only driven ford focus's automatics before 1.6 looking for something more sporty and a bit more fun to drive , we saw a lovely 120d 52,000 miles on the clock for just under 10 k brand new mot and full service we are very nearly buying it ,having test drived it was lovely nice smooth , powerful if needed good round town , easy to park. Felt like luxury and did not want to get out lol

However i have my brother going oh no you want an Audi etc bmw crash a lot blah blah.

I am not that keen on audi and as i have always admired the bmws , is this a good car to start my journey with bmw?

Would i notice much difference in the rear drive aspect of it ?

Any advice be greatly appreciated . :wacko:

Kindest Regards

AR

Hi Jon

I had a Audi b4 my BMW great control from the Audi with the Quattro,

But once I got the BMW I just fell in love,they are real drivers cars,I cannot see myself owning any other car, yes the rwd will take a little to get use to,but they drive really well,my bird has a 120d coupe she is a awful driver, she has no problems with it at all.

A little slow for me lol

I say as everyone will say on this site go for it u'll love it!

Keep us up to date and welcome

Hello ,

Thank you so much for the reply , I fell in love with the 120d on Saturday I have another test drive tomorrow and IMO felt it to be very powerful and a taste of luxury , didn't want to get get out of the bmw and back into my focus zetec ,with only 51,000 miles on clock is there any thing I should look for tomorrow ? I have always admired bmws I suspose it like PC and mac lol .

In what respects should I be careful with rear drive I know they No good in snow but tbh I wouldn't want to drive in snow anyway lol .

ThAnk k you for the reply and the welcome I hope this to be the start of my journey with bmw :)

Kindest regards

Jon

Don't worry Jon you don't have very high bhp/torque like my m3 at 346.4bhp

They handle very well in all weather conditions just keep on top of your servicing. Rwd cars need new diff oil on a service. Service history is a must in my opinion

The car should be bullet proof at that mileage

Good luck

Gav

Thank you for the info it's actually for sale at a ford garage so I have faith In their abilities to put the right oil in ( he says hopefully ) it says full service history . Have me and my partner and one son normally is there enough room for passenger in the back heard all sorts it's the 2009mod. 120d

Guest Mr.Beemer

welcome to the forum jon -

a bmw has its own drive meaning no other car will drive like a beemer' as gavin says they are real drivers cars!

you will adjust to it in no time..

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links