Angel Lights Install E46

Dizgav

Hi all...

I have just got some angel lights for the m3, iv had a go at putting them in and failed,

After some advise, do I need to take the whole light out, iv tried to do it still fitted but have a problem taking the lens off the head light, head light washer keeps on getting in the way,I can only get the inner side pf the washer

to come apart not the outer..

Any advice will be welcome

P.s iv just fitted the matt black front and side grills thanks Taiwan 54.99 eBay lmao, but they do look dammmm cool

Guest Mr.Beemer

drop the bumper off, take the light out. it will be easier & quicker to do it that way.

are you installing the angels or replacing the headlamp with them already fitted in ? I am sure you have done it by now though,

drop some pics on here, all the best - :)

Thanks dilly

I haven't got time to have a go at the mo,

I'm putting angels in the light ill have a go taking the bumper off at the weekend if that's the case.

Wish me luck!?!

Pic's to come b4 an after .I have a few pic's of (helger) iv changed her a lot now they will be up soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I installed angel eyes into my E46. I did not need to drop the bumper to get the headlights out. Just unbolted them. Then used a heat gun to split the lights open. I used gasget sealant to glue the eyes in the headlight. Then heated the lights up again to re-seal them. Then disconnected the factory side lights and used that connection to wire them up. It took about 4 hours to do a neat job.

• Like 1

hi justin

iv still not fitted them yet!! not had time :blink:

is it ok when you m.o.t it if you convert the side lights to angel lights. i like the idea of that tho,

thanks for the info ;)

Hi

The angel eyes are or will now be your side lights. I passed my MOT with them no problem. I hope that you also have no issues. If in doubt buy yourself some time by doing the install after the MOT this way you will have at least 12 months. Let me know if you need any advise or help. I'm based in London/Essex.

• Like 1

cool man just had m.o.t in jan ;)

i'll have another go after work this week...

what colour angel's did u fit pal and do you have any pic's B)

I put in a white angel eye.

I tried taking a photo but they are so bright that the photo just shows a white headlight as if the headlights are turned on. To the naked eye they are a head turner lol. I have a couple of photos of the car with the headlights removed. The website tells me that the file is too big!!

have you got headlight washers?

No headlight washers. We installed some on a friends bmw and he did... We had to be careful not to do any damage and it was a bit more fidley but not a problem to our install.. We are no professionals and I'm sure our methods would be frowned upon by them but we did it for free as opposed to paying £150 each. It was quite easy.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links