E92 Dash

Hi. Just getting to know my 335i. The dahs seems to have some whiteish residue on it, looks like poorly applied cleaning product.

Anybody got any good reccs for a cleaner for the textured dash top? Also best cloths which won't leave fibres all over it...

Cheers!

You again! Thanks, i will give it a try.

Loving the engine by the way, and very glad i held out for a manual.

Any tips on replacement interior trim?

Hve a price from MStyle in Essex, carbon wrap by Shadyscarbon or OE from main dealer, still waiting for price.

Rarer than hens teeth on ebay.

Mght post on here to see if anybody wants to swap their alu or piano for my walnut. You never know. There might be a retired judge out there with a coupe..

Hi mate,

Do you have any tuning plans for the motor?

Replacement interior trim... well it all depends on the rest of the interior.

Alloy silver trim is very common on the second hand market... whether or not it is in perfect condition is another thing all together.

Carbon wrap is very common nowadays... i dont personally like it unless you have the interior trim carbon dipped, or purchase real carbon fibre trim.

Personally if you are looking for something that looks gd, and a decent price... you should look into having the interior trim wrapped in brushed alloy vinyl

Real Carbon vs wrap

20130606_164416.jpg

Black Brushed Steel Vinyl Close up

1013711_670160686345499_421466609_n.jpg

dscn0431d.jpg

Various Options

sunrise-signs-brushed-metal-wraps-resize

What do you think?

Yes. Much better option than carbon wrap. Will see what prices i can get for full aluminium swap first. As you say, lots of ebay bits have dents and scuffs on them, and most are idrive. Do you do this for a living or is it a contact of yours?

I came to the car fully expecting to do a DMS remap, but i'm pleasantly surprised by the pull of the motor. I don't do launches so the 0-60 isn't as critical as in gear accel.

Will give it a few months to decide.

Internally i just want trim and a stubby gearknob. Think they're all m sport. Aso ipod retrofit kit.

Externally i don't want to do anything as i love the OE look. Even the wheels. It's all a matter of taste, but for me SE spec looks cleaner than M Sport and i've read a lot of -ve stuff about 19 inchers. Brakes also seem fairly strong but i've not given them enough of a workout to see if they fade. I am guessing there's an Alcon kit available.

Ultimately might do intake and exhaust as well as remap, but that'll come later, and LSD if i think it's necessary. Already starting to light up the traction..

No, just giving ideas. I know some guys in Surrey London that do the interior trim wrapping for a decent price.

They are called SUrrey Projects.

I only do custom E92 headlights to help people in the UK market... As there isn't one reputable company offering the LED Angel Eye Retrofit service for our applications.

www.LiteAngels.co.uk

Alcon is over kill if you do not track or looking for big power. The 335 brakes are huge already, so with a decent pad, steel brake lines and decent fluid, you can have a great stopping machine. Stock discs are very very gd!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links